Sunday, May 5, 2019

芹垣尾根MTBライド

I ridded with JUN on the single-track of Serigaki Ridge.




Meet at Uenohara station at 10:00.
First, let's climb up from the station.

7-11 along National Route 20, there should not have been a store ahead, so we'll buy lunch here.
Descend to Tsurukawa, then slowly climb up through the village along the river.
After going about 1km after the village was cut off, there was a branch to Wami. From here, follow the Wami River along the steep road.




The average slope is about 7-10%. When you enter the village of Wami, you will go up at once with a steep serpentine fold. Was this 20%? After passing the fire tower, there was a branch of a simple paved road that seemed to lead to the trail. ... but it was too steep, and I didn't want to make a mistake if I entered here. After passing through the precincts of the shrine, there are many branches.








And steep.
It seems that each one is connected to someone's house, and which one is correct...

It's a bit of a maze.
With dogs barking here and there, we managed to reach the entrance of the trail. By the way, the first steep branch we found seemed to be the correct answer. Let's go up there without hesitation next time. When the pavement ends, the soft soil becomes a path covered with debris, twigs and fallen leaves. At first there was a light tiger rut, but it disappeared, and the road gradually narrowed and became a small path.







Charcoal? Pottery? A kiln was dug on the slope, but on the other side of the kiln was a cliff, and the edge of the road had collapsed, so it was barely possible for one person to pass through.
The road becomes wider, narrower, goes up and down, and gains altitude.
The slope is steep and the resistance of the road surface is high, so it takes a lot of physical strength.
Twigs entangled in chains and twigs entwined in spokes slapped my back as I made my way to the ridge line square. After having lunch with rice balls with fried chicken that I bought earlier at 7-11, I



will go down.
Lower the saddle to make it easier to move your center of gravity, and let's get started. I went down comfortably while being careful of falling trees and falling rocks. Despite the rain the day before, the road surface was stable and not slippery, and the center ridge tires were no problem. The riding rate was over 90%, I didn't fall over, and I didn't encounter any hikers, and we enjoyed the single track ride for about 25 minutes. How many years has it been since I ran a single track of a coherent distance? After all, this kind of road is good. On the way back, I traveled by myself to Sagamihara with JUN, and from Sagamihara, I traveled down the Sakaigawa CR. The headwind was tough.














Today's data Weather: Sunny  Mileage: 100km Elevation  gain: 1180m Required  time: 8 hours 30 minutes  Distance-altitude graph:






 

No comments:

Post a Comment